Drip email marketing is a process of sending a set of automated mails to a list of target audience with an intention to achieve specific result. The emails are sent on predefined time to targeted email subscribers. Drip email marketing is different than normal business emails. Primarily, drip email marketing is used to-
- Nurture the leads effectively
- Re-engage lost customers
- Communicate regularly with prospects
- Increase sales
As per a survey conducted by Martech Zone, open rates in case of drip email marketing campaigns are 80% higher when compared to single send emails.
Drip email marketing campaigns give prospects the right information at the right time with the help of automated sets of emails that are sent based on specific timelines or actions performed by users. Each time a drip email gets sent out, it comes from a queue of pre-written emails. So there’s no need to manually write and send each one. These emails can even be personalized with your contacts’ name, company info, and other details.
Emails that are relevant and targeted produce 18 times more revenue than globally-broadcasted ones, according to a study conducted by email-marketing suite Emma. They also discovered that people who read these emails are 119% more likely to click the links within.
If you are still not convinced about using a drip email marketing campaign here are a few benefits that might help you take the action.
- Higher Engagement
- Automated Funnel Movement
- Saved Time And Effort
- No Irritated Prospects
- Post-Closure Engagement
- Delighted Customers
- Up-Selling / Cross-Selling
- Increased Brand Recall
Setting up drip email marketing campaign helps you provide relevant information to targeted readers and convert them into customers. Besides leads nurturing, drip email campaigns are found to be useful in case of sending welcome emails, for onboarding, abandoned shopping carts, recommendations, renewals, confirmations, and unsubscribes.
There are 5 main guidelines to follow for drip email campaign marketing to be successful-
1. Consider the customer journey
In order to increase engagement, send emails that have relevance to your recipients and their journey through the sales funnel. Discover their needs and pain points and, accordingly, adjust your messages. This helps strengthen relationships and provides better campaign results.
2. Space out emails and create a smooth flow
It is important to be consistent in your messaging without coming off as too aggressive which could result in your prospects unsubscribing. A good rule to follow is to not send more than one drip email a day to your prospects. This will give your prospects time to digest your content.
3. Follow basic email writing tips
- Subscribers need to receive significant, and valuable content in order to stay interested
- Avoid using big blocks of text and instead, break it down into shorter paragraphs with added white space
- At first, keep your emails short as they haven’t trusted you completely yet and may not be willing to invest time in your emails.
- Allow your prospects to connect with your emails and brand by sharing non-business related information with them.
- Gmail and Outlook are always finding a reason to send your email to the ‘promotions’ folder so avoid using marketing language and sending large media in order to increase deliverability.
- Make the subject line interesting to entice people to open your emails.
- By offering exclusive deals and setting deadlines you can create a sense of urgency in the mind of your prospect.
- Always include a Call-To-Action (CTA) by offering them a next step to take, thus proving value.
- Include teasers in your email to get your subscribers excited for the next email.
4. Connect your campaign to other channels
By adding a simple, “Follow Us on Instagram” at the end of your emails, you can make all your advertising channels work in a harmonious manner to create maximum engagement.
5 Continuously test your campaigns
Email automation shouldn’t result in neglecting your campaign. A/B testing is the solution in order to fine-tune and optimize your drip campaigns.
6. Start planning your next campaign today
The key to achieving high conversions is to ensure that your subscribers have an engaging journey. This can be achieved by delivering relevant messages to the right people at the right time.
With the aid of a good drip email marketing campaign strategy, everyone wins. Even though it is a substantial investment to set up, once in place, the results are remarkable. Your subscribers would much rather prefer receiving relevant and personalized emails that mean a lot to them and this would mean that your sales teams will be able to receive more qualified leads.
Your marketing team will end up with more time for other tasks as lead nurturing will be taken care of by your automated program and will keep them connected with your brand.
Once your drip email marketing campaign is set up and on the floor, you will start noticing the benefits very soon.
We, at Valasys Media, are experts in shaping perennially healthy sales pipelines for our customers. Our services included lead-generation, account-based marketing, lead nurturing, content syndication & business intelligence to name a few; all of which have been designed to help our clients achieve their bottom-line goal of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
For more information on our services, feel free to contact us.